|Other:||Wu Wei Zi|
In Asian medicine, tonifies spleen and lung qi; "astringe the jing".
• mood and nervous system disorders
- insomnia (dream-disturbed sleep)
• poor cognition
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD, ADD)
• Alzheimer's disease
• chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
• drug-induced hepatitis
• viral hepatitis
• cirrhosis (prevention)
• hepatocellular carcinoma (prevention)
• chronic respiratory complaints
• sexual dysfunction
- premature ejaculation
- nocturnal emission
- erectile dysfunction (ED)
• chemotherapy (adjunctive therapy for drug resistance)
• liver cancer (prevention)
• viral infections
• hepatitis B (HBV)
• kidney disease
• Lignans (schizandrin) - hepatoprotective and stimulate liver regeneration
• Tincture (1:5): 1-4 ml tid
• Decoction (dried powdered root): 1-2 tsp bid
Can decrease hepatoxicity of certain medications.
Multidrug resistance (MDR) - demonstrated to inhibit P-glycoproteins that are responsible for drug resistance in cancers.
Barnes J, Anderson LA, Phillipson JD. Herbal Medicines, 3rd ed. London: Pharmaceutical Press, 2007.
Bone K. Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 2000.
Bone K. A Clinical Guide to Blending Liquid Herbs: Herbal Formulations for the Individual Patient. St Louis, MO: Churchill Livingstone, 2003.
Brinker F. The Toxicology of Botanical Medicines, 3rd ed. Sandy, Oregon: Eclectic Medical Publications, 2000.
Felter HW, Lloyd JU. King's American Dispensatory. 1898. http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed/eclectic/kings/main.html. Accessed: August 19, 2006.
Hoffman D. Medical Herbalism. Rochester, Vermont: Healing Arts Press, 2003.
Weiss RF. Herbal Medicine. Beaconsfield, England: Beaconsfield Publishers Ltd, 1988.
Williamson EM, ed. Major Herbs of Ayurveda. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 2002
Disclaimer: This content is subject to change. The information is intended to inform and educate; it does not replace the medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a healthcare professional. www.healthydigestionclinic.com © 2015 NDAssist Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.